Monday, April 12, 2010

Lighting & Plumbing Day

Today was very productive. Peter McIntyre, my contractor, and I made a productive trip to Simons Hardware and G&G Electric in manhattan. Simons is a fantastic place for all types of hardware including Bathroom Vanities, tiles, faucets, showers, and toilets. They also have a huge selection of knobs and handles. Contractors use this place often, as the prices are ok when the contractor discount is applied. We managed to purchase two toilets, two sinks, a vanity and all the shower hardware. Once the bathrooms are framed and the plumbing is in place, we will order the glass for shower. It turns out, we have manged to put in a powder room, so instead of just one bathroom in my place, I will have an additional powder room. I am pretty happy about this. The plumber is also extending the gas line to the fireplace, so I will be installing a gas fireplace as well. G&G Electric is a sparse but efficient electrical supply store. There I managed to get all of the recessed lights and switches I needed for the apartment. Next up, framing the ceiling!





No comments:

Post a Comment