Sunday, April 11, 2010

Whats Black & White and Red All Over


Answer: My design scheme. Since I am working on my own, sans a interior designer, I needed to come up with some concept to work with. What did I want this new renovation to look like. My biggest challenge was I like so many styles. As an established New Yorker, I have visited countless Open Houses of apartments I can never afford, just to check out its decor for inspiration. The results was a mash up of several styles. In the end, I am going with an industrial black and white themed place, with some color added in for "punch". I must have search over 50 design blogs and I kept coming back to this particular concept. Here is the basic design. The floors will be stripped and stained dark ebony, basically black. The exposed brick wall will be painted WHITE, and custom bookcases will be made with glass doors, again black. The ceiling and walls will be bright white. Furniture will be a mix of modern, vintage and ecclectic styles all creating a funky cool loft. The fireplace will become a gas fireplace as well. Here is some pics that Inspired me. Stay tuned for Bedroom and Bathroom Designs.


Black and White

Custom closet..similar to what I am having made

Loved the Black High Gloss Cabinets

Black Book Cases. Check out the lights on top. My sister said these were Library lights, but I googled that and got no results. I found them under "sign" lights. Still love my sister though :)

These sliding barn doors will be used for my bedroom doors

I would love to do this kind of mural in the 2nd bedroom. Not sure how to find something like this. I did discover digital printing, which makes murals like this

These stairs will be similar to what will be in my living room , leading up to the roof deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment